Sometimes being tired can seem like a competition, the lack of rest and the general exhaustion that lingers around us seems to loom larger in direct relation to how many devices we accumulate. So we must consciously practice turning off, go back from automatic to manual, tuck-in. We thought about ways we recharge and want you to tell us as well. We could all use daily vacations, small reprieves from the grind so when we get back at it we are there wholeheartedly. Here's our list:
1) SALTY BATHS. Go get some epsom salts, bubbles, essential oils and veg out in the tub. Tub time is your time, you can even put on some jams to settle in. Plus the epsom salt will help ease tense muscles.
3) RITUALIZE. Create morning or evening rituals to help bring you into or out of your day. Un-teching your mornings (ie not checking emails in bed) can be hugely freeing. Do something that relaxes or wakes you up, it could be yoga, a run, a cup of coffee, a shower. But do it consistently and let yourself fully have that one thing.
2) GINGER SHOTS. If you're having a hard time curbing caffeine cravings, try a concoction of ginger + lemon + cayenne (+tumeric if feeling sassy). This will not only wake you up, it'll help the puffy inflamed feelings of a caffeine crash. If you don't have this issue, just don't start drinking coffee. Don't do it. It's too good.
4) INVERT. Throw a blanket down on the ground next to a wall. Lay on blanket and put legs straight up the wall. Allow yourself to stay there for 5-10 minutes. And take your time breathing, long inhales. Long exhales.
5) GO FOR A WALK. This is one of the biggest ways we decompress. We simply stroll around without an agenda and take the time to hash out ideas or simply just let off steam. It's simple and it's free.
Now it's your turn. What do you to relax?
Sara & Kyle
PS. A HUGE thank you to the lovely folks over at What the Festival. We had a wonderful Sunday morning juicy-stretchy Yin session. Thanks to all the babes who loved it up.